If you’re involved in an accident that wasn’t your fault, motor legal insurance could help you with the losses that aren’t covered by your motor insurance policy. For instance, motor legal expenses insurance could:
- Provide legal representation to help you and any passengers who have been injured
- Provide a replacement vehicle whilst yours is being repaired
- Recover lost earnings as a result of your vehicle being damaged
- Recover a policy excesses if you have a comprehensive motor insurance policy
- Recover repair costs if you don’t have a comprehensive motor insurance policy
Cover for legal costs
Motor legal expenses insurance could pay up to €100,000 per claim to cover your legal costs and expenses, and the other person’s legal costs if you lose.
Telephone legal advice
Motor legal expenses insurance can also come with access to a telephone legal advice, and a counselling helpline.